< Back to Overview
Supplier and Partner Code of Conduct
Last updated 07.10.2023
At MoreThanDigital, our commitment to a sustainable, ethical, and inclusive supply chain is paramount. We prioritize responsible sourcing, fair trade, and the broader societal impact. In collaboration with our suppliers and business partners, we emphasize ESG principles, ensuring our collective operations promote lasting value and responsibility for all involved.
This Supplier and Partner Code of Conduct lays out the fundamental principles and requirements we expect our partners and suppliers to adhere to.
Fair Work and Fair Wages Commitment
Fair Labor Practices: We expect our suppliers and partners to treat their employees with respect and dignity. This includes no tolerance for child labor, forced labor, or any form of exploitation.
Wage Commitment: Suppliers and partners should compensate their workers by providing wages, including overtime pay, and benefits that meet or exceed the local legal standards or industry benchmarks, whichever is higher.
- Diversity & Inclusion: We champion equal opportunities and non-discrimination. Our suppliers and partners are encouraged to foster inclusion and diversity, ensuring an equitable workplace for all.
Working Hours: Suppliers should ensure that working hours are not excessive and are in line with local regulations or industry standards.
Eco-friendly Practices: We seek partnerships with those who share our commitment to the environment. This includes efficient utilization of resources, minimizing waste, and implementing practices that reduce carbon footprint.
Sustainable Materials: Whenever possible, suppliers should source and use sustainable, recycled, or upcycled materials in the products or services they provide.
Waste Management: Proper waste management practices should be adopted, ensuring recyclable and non-recyclable waste is appropriately segregated and disposed of.
- Energy Efficiency: We expect our suppliers to prioritize energy-efficient operations, aiming for significant reductions in greenhouse gas emissions.
- Biodiversity: Suppliers should actively safeguard and, when possible, enhance biodiversity in regions influenced by their operations.
- Water Management: Responsible water usage and proactive measures to minimize water wastage are paramount.
Health and Safety
Safe Working Environment: Suppliers should provide a safe and hygienic working environment for their employees, in line with local laws and international standards.
Training: Employees should receive regular training on health and safety protocols, ensuring a safer workplace for all.
Emergency Preparedness: Suppliers must have protocols in place for handling emergencies, including but not limited to fires, medical emergencies, and natural disasters.
- Wellbeing: Beyond the physical realm, the mental and emotional wellbeing of employees is crucial. Suppliers should offer support structures, such as counseling or mental health initiatives, to promote overall employee health.
- Worker Feedback Mechanism: A system should be in place for workers to voice concerns or provide feedback without facing repercussions.
Ethics and Compliance
Anti-Bribery & Corruption: Suppliers and partners must commit to a zero-tolerance policy for bribery, corruption, or any unethical practices in their dealings.
Transparency: We expect our suppliers and partners to maintain transparency in their operations, especially in areas that relate to our business interactions.
Compliance: All operations should comply with local, national, and international regulations and standards, especially those relevant to their specific industry.
- Whistleblower Protection: Suppliers are encouraged to institute a whistleblower mechanism, allowing for the confidential reporting of unethical practices without fear of retaliation.
- Supplier Diversity: We advocate for the support of diverse businesses, particularly those owned by underrepresented groups. Suppliers should reflect this value in their procurement practices.
It’s essential for suppliers to interact harmoniously with local communities and stakeholders. This ensures that business operations are mutually beneficial and that no inadvertent harm befalls local environments or inhabitants.
We value relationships with suppliers and partners that are proactive in their approach to improving their business practices. Continuous self-evaluation and improvements in areas like environmental impact, employee welfare, and ethical operations are highly appreciated. Joint ventures or projects aimed at sustainability or ethical goals are highly encouraged and will be recognized by MoreThanDigital and #bethechange.
Innovation that aligns with or enhances the principles of this Code of Conduct is highly valued. Suppliers introducing groundbreaking solutions will be acknowledged and celebrated.
Review and Accountability
We may periodically review our suppliers’ and partners’ practices to ensure compliance with this Code of Conduct. Non-compliance may result in a re-evaluation of our business relationship.
By partnering with MoreThanDigital, you are affirming your commitment to these principles and practices. We believe that together, we can make a significant positive impact in our industries and communities.